Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone want a couple hours of contract work fighting with EFI this weekend?

On Sat, Jan 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM, Robert P. J. Day
<rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca> wrote:

>   i'm getting increasingly frustrated with the weirdness i'm having to
> deal with just trying to create a bootable USB drive containing centos
> 6.5, so if anyone out there understands this stuff and has a couple
> free hours this weekend, i would be delighted to pay for your time to
> come by and debug this, as i have just too much other stuff to do
> before monday morning.
>
>   i'm working at the code factory on gloucester downtown, so if you're
> interested, and want to do this either this afternoon or sometime
> tomorrow, that would be great. i'm sure there's something simple i'm
> missing, but i can't spend any more time on it.
>
>   if you want to call, it's 613-266-2902.

My Dell Inspiron 17R just showed up on Friday and I was planning
hacking Ubuntu 12.04 or Debian 7.0 on to it this weekend.  I'm sure
I'll have to deal with EFI in the process.

I'll be heading to http://www.exploriem.org/ which is off the 416 by
IKEA. I don't have a problem hacking together for a bit.

--
Paul Belanger | PolyBeacon, Inc.
Jabber: paul [ dot ] belanger [ at ] polybeacon [ dot ] com | IRC: pabelanger (Freenode)