[OCLUG-Tech] Fwd: Upcoming Event on China Cyber-Spying

*Hacked! When Cyber Spies from China Attack.....
November 2nd, 7:00 PM
Library & Archives Canada
395 Wellington*

Part of the 4th Annual Free Thinking Film Festival 2013

Admission: $20 (Students $10), or with Festival Pass.

Tickets available at the door.

We will start off the evening with the Australian film, "Hacked! When Cyber
Spies Attack" which investigates Chinese cyber spying into Australia. It's
a very well-done and up to date documentary.

After the film, please join us for an amazing panel on China Cyber Spying
against Canada and other Western countries. Joining us on this panel are:

- Brian Shields - IT Auditor (2.5 yrs), and then Corporate Systems Security
(16 yrs) with Nortel. Brian's last 5 years were focused on finding APT
(advanced persistent threat) intruders in the Nortel network.

- Richard Bejtlich, Chief Security Officer of Mandiant Corporation, one of
the premiere cyber-security firms in the United States. Bejtlich has more
than 15 years of experience in enterprise level intrusion detection and
incident response working the US government and Fortune 100 companies.
Mandiant Corporation is the firm that identified specifics on Chinese
hacking into the United States.

- Dr. Rafal Rohozinski, CEO of The SecDev Group in Ottawa, Canada, which
works on the crossroads of global security and development.

After the panel discussion and Q&A, we will also have a private reception.

For more information, please visit our website at
www.freethinkingfilmfest.ca