Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Set up a SAMBA server

Hi,

I know I'm late on this, but here's my two cents.

I like that you block the firewall.  Another option is to bind samba to
the desired interface.  An example in the smb.conf file would be:
interfaces = 192.168.0.0/24
On 10/2/13 9:11 AM, James, Trevor wrote:
> Here is my best guess document, if anyone has any input, I am always open for suggestions.
>
> http://macnash.telfer.uottawa.ca/~nashjc/visible/Ubuntu%20SAMBA.pdf

Hi,

I know I'm late on this, but here's my two cents.

I like that you block the firewall, too many people leave this open.
Another option is to bind samba to the desired interface.

An example in the smb.conf file would be:
interfaces = 192.168.0.0/24
bind interfaces only = true

A few other lines I usually add to the smb.conf to allows samba to use
symlinks:
follow symlinks = yes
wide links = yes
unix extensions = no

To optimize throughput with windows I add this:

max xmit = 65535
aio read size = 1
aio write size =1
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY SO_SNDBUF=65535 SO_RCVBUF=65535

read raw = yes

write raw = yes

max connections = 65535

max open files = 65535