Re: [OCLUG-Tech] is anyone else finding twitter utterly unusable these days?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] is anyone else finding twitter utterly unusable these days?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2013 06:33:04 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 28 Aug 2013, Mike Rosberg wrote:

> Apparently, The New York Times website, Huffington Post UK's website
> and Twitter.com were all attacked by the Syrian Electronic Army
> yesterday
> http://it.slashdot.org/story/13/08/28/0233202/new-york-times-and-twitter-attacked-by-syrian-electronic-
> army

  well, the story gets stranger.  i was having massive trouble using
twitter from home from my linux laptop, no matter what browser i was
using -- constant "Internal server error" diagnostics. but i pulled
out an old 32-bit dell laptop running windows and ... no problem. wtf?

  tested again from home this morning -- unusable from linux box,
works perfectly from windows laptop using IE.

  finally, got into the code factory where i work during the day ...
suddenly, access from linux just fine. so it *appears* to be something
happening at home, and possibly coincides with my getting a newer
rogers cable modem. the old one was flaking out, so i got a
replacement that comes with built-in wifi, but i'm still running a net
cable to my netgear wireless router to not mess with my setup.

  maybe it's some strange combination of the cable modem, going to the
wireless router. but it's only twitter that's affected -- every other
web site seems fine. and it's only a problem using a browser on my
linux laptop, as IE on windows doesn't seem to have any difficulty.

  i'm baffled.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca