Re: [OCLUG-Tech] i'm assuming there is no august meeting?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] i'm assuming there is no august meeting?
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2013 14:20:22 -0700 (PDT)

yes there is a meeting tonight.
I apologise for not ginving better notice.
My excuse is that I was on vacation with no net access.

<g> The only kind of vacation!

Rob

Description from site:

August Meeting: Using VMs for Special Purposes, SUSEstudio talk and BTRFS presentation
Date: August 6, 2013 at
7 p.m.
Location: Shopify Headquarters

This month we are having a short talk on the utility of VMs for
accomplishing specific goals and the main talk will be based on a demo
of SUSEstudio and BTRFS

VMs as a solution for badly designed services
Speaker: John C. Nash

John Nash will be presenting a short talk on his experiences with the Ottawa Public Library and how he solved his issues with their lending
system.

SUSEstudio
Speaker: Sean Rickerd

Sean Rickerd will be giving a talk and demo of SUSEstudio

Overview of the BTRFS
Speaker: Sean Rickerd

Sean Rickerd will be giving a talk and demo of the BTRFS
(Butter/Better/B-Tree File System) which is considered production ready
with SUSE Linux

--
Rob Echlin, B. Eng.
613-266-8311 -  Ottawa, ON