[OCLUG-Tech] Breakout groups at the meeting

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Breakout groups at the meeting
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2013 19:29:33 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,
A recent discussion at the board meeting resulted in the idea that we have our breakout groups based on the idea of "tracks".

The following tracks were suggested:
- Users - including new users - topics like: office software, email software, file managers, window managers
- Developers - discussions of developing software for Linux, using various platforms like Gnome, KDE, etc
- Administrators - how to setup systems, servers, workstations, networks
- Media creators - GIMP, video editors, sound editors, other.

Please help with some feedback:
- Does this sound like a good way to split up the groups?
- What topics would you like to see this Thursday?
- Can you provide a quick demo or 5 minute presentation for this month or August, Sept?

Thanks!

Rob

--
Rob Echlin, B. Eng.