Re: [OCLUG-Tech] cheap host for .ca domain

On Tue, 21 May 2013, Robert Brockway wrote:

On Mon, 20 May 2013, Bruce wrote:

Looking for suggestion hosting my .ca domain.  My present host EasyDNS want
$75 for 2 years.

Gandi.net isn't the cheapest but they should be cheaper than that. I highly recommend Gandi. Gandi's motto is "No Bullshit" and they've certainly stuck by that with me. It's interesting to note that Gandi doesn't do any advertising and relies completely on word-of-mouth. They are based in France and provide support in English & French.

Hi Bruce. I interpretted your question to be about domain registrars, which is how I answered it. If you are actually asking about site or server hosting them my answer doesn't apply. Gandi do hosting/VPS but I have never used it.

I use Gandi as a domain registrar and run my own nameservers. Like pretty much every other domain registrar these days Gandi will run the authoritative nameserver for you at no extra charge.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Email: robert [ at ] timetraveller [ dot ] org		Linux counter ID #16440
IRC: Solver (OFTC & Freenode)