Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Hardware for usbnet

On Tue, Apr 09, 2013 at 11:43:01PM -0400, Alex Pilon wrote:
> Has anybody tried doing ethernet over a host-to-host USB cable here?
>
> 	http://www.linux-usb.org/usbnet/
>
> I thought of trying it just for kicks but am lacking the hardware.
>
> While one can supposedly use a plain male/male, A/A cable, thought only
> with USB 3, in practice, it doesn't seem practical.
>
> 	http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/58432
>
> Were do you usually shop for semi-obscure and obscure hardware, outside
> of business hours, in Ottawa?

Canada Computers has quite a bit of stuff...  You would be surprised.
Something like that you may find at Active or Gervais, but be careful.  Don't
try to build a back-to-back cable yourself unless you know what you are doing,
because both supply +5VDC and you are likely to damage something.

Interesting, I didn't know that about USB3.0... (seperate TX and RX pairs...)

	slainte mhath, RGB

--
Richard Guy Briggs               --  ~\    -- ~\            <hpv.tricolour.net>
<www.TriColour.net>                --  \___   o \@       @       Ride yer bike!