[OCLUG-Tech] help for new Linux users - before the club meeting

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] help for new Linux users - before the club meeting
  • From: Rob Echlin <rob [ at ] echlin [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 08:53:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hi
John has mentioned on this list that we are having a help session before the regular meeting, from 6 to 7, same location - Shopify lounge. This email is to provide a bit more information on this.

One of the things that OCLUG has done over the years is help people who have little or  not experience with Linux.
At the 2012 AGM, we formed a committee to help with this.
We have provided help for a couple of people in the last year, but we could do more.

Before the meetings, we will have demos, experienced users, and even some Sysadmins available to help.
Please invite anyone you know who has considered Linux, or has questions about using it.

We would also like to contact groups on campus where people might be interested in Linux.

As you probably know, the site is not wheel chair accessible and there are stairs.
If you know anyone for whom this would deter them from attending, please let us know.

email for this group is: help [ at ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca

Some web pages with help information are available on our wiki at:
- http://wiki.oclug.on.ca/wiki/GettingStarted

Rob

--
Rob Echlin, B. Eng.