Re: [OCLUG-Tech] home NAS

RP has a 100 Mbps NIC. It's not going to be very fast as a NAS (6-8 MB/s max as a guess). It will be cheap though. :) I usually want SATA on anything I would consider as a NAS and RP doesn't have any SATA connectors. Dreamplug does but it's not terribly cheap.

I keep on occasionally testing the RP as a MythTV frontend. Still waiting for the MythTV S/W to be fast enough to play 1080i/1080p consistently. The 100 Mbps network doesn't help.

Spencer