Re: [OCLUG-Tech] home NAS

I've been running FreeNAS for a while. Current release works fine but it is based on FreeBSD. If Linux is a requirement, it won't be the right solution.

My freeNAS box is based on a ASUS E35m mini-ITX MB and a Lian Li PC-Q25 NAS case. It boots off a USB flash and all the data is stored on HDD using ZFS rather than ext3/4 for better data integrity.

<http://www.lian-li.com/v2/en/product/product06.php?pr_index=584&cl_index=1&sc_index=25&ss_index=64&g=f>

Spencer