[OCLUG-Tech] Cpp Unit Test Framework

I'm specing out a personal project right now, and I've grown intrigued by the prospects of doing some proper unit testing.

I'll admit to being overwhelmed by the number of cpp unit test frameworks, and wanted to test drive something popular in dev land and attractive in professional circles.

What's defining the zeitgeist in this area? What's the best "free as in freedom" option?

Cheers!
-Paul
--
Sent from my mobile. Please excuse any errors in spelling and formatting; these can be difficult to correct on a mobile device.  Errors in logic or common sense are entirely my own.