[OCLUG-Tech] anyone out there using org-mode/emacs/beamer at a production level?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone out there using org-mode/emacs/beamer at a production level?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 07:49:40 -0400 (EDT)
  i'm standardizing on using emacs and something called "org-mode"
(http://orgmode.org/) to write/rewrite a number of linux and
linux-related courseware manuals, and i'm wondering if anyone out
there is experienced with this particular authoring toolchain -- emacs
in org-mode using the beamer class to generate tex and, subsequently,
PDF output.

  if you've used this combination and have some time, i'm willing to
hire you for a short contract to sit down and walk through how to get
an infrastructure set up.  i'm currently going through both the beamer
and org-mode manuals but it would save me *buckets* of time if someone
has already been down that road and can summarize everything i need.

  if you're local and can help, drop me a note.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca