Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Stress-testing a troublesome Windows 7 system with a Kubuntu LiveCD

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Stress-testing a troublesome Windows 7 system with a Kubuntu LiveCD
  • From: Shawn H Corey <shawnhcorey [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:04:03 -0400
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 11:55:30 -0700 (PDT)
Bruce Miller <subscribe [ at ] brmiller [ dot ] ca> wrote:

> The obvious symptom on the Windows 7 machine is a BSOD (Blue Screen
> of Death) almost every 20 minutes. This is so frequent as to make the
> machine unusable.

I don't know much about Windows these days but I'd say it is suffering
from a severe malware problem.

First thing I'd consider doing is create a backup, either from the
LiveCD or installing Kubuntu (you could always remove it later). Once I
have a backup, I would probably just re-install everything.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

	_Perl links_
official site   : http://www.perl.org/