Re: [OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG AGM - discussing change

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 2:47 PM, Jeffrey Taylor <jefe78 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com> wrote:

> Frankly, this much confusion over setting up something as simple as a
> meeting seems silly. People have enough hassle in their lives without
> having to fight over a meeting location for a volunteer group. Best of luck
> folks.

Now this is just sad.  What is going on is a proper debate, with pros and
cons being discussed.  There has been no name-calling, insults or any other
impropriety that would suggest that this is a fight.  And personally, I
would much rather see this than an imposition of a location.  If discussion
scares you, please feel free to not participate, but I am loving it.  I
don't see any reason not to continue to the discussion to its logical
conclusion - and as has been stated before, not everybody will ever be
happy with any decision, but it is good to see opinions being publicly
aired.  Even if we don't come to a conclusion, thats okay by me - debates
of this caliber in any group are rare and I think it speaks volumes about
the maturity of OCLUG as a group.

--Raj.