Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to determine the *usable* size of an SD card?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to determine the *usable* size of an SD card?
  • From: Charles MacDonald <cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 23:13:55 -0500
On 12-01-19 03:35 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jan 2012, Andrew Galloway wrote:

df -k will give you the blocksize in 1k blocks

   i don't think so.  that tells me 8213480 1K blocks, and that's
definitely more than i have access to.  so far, fdisk and
/proc/partitions appear to give me precisely correct values.

Is the extra space being chewed up by FAT tables?

--
Charles MacDonald                 Stittsville Ontario
cmacd [ at ] zeusprune [ dot ] ca              Just Beyond the Fringe