Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how does current email protocol support mail receipt verification?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how does current email protocol support mail receipt verification?
  • From: Glenn Henshaw <thraxisp4 [ at ] mac [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 20:14:44 -0500
  The usual trick is to include an image fetched by a URL. The URL contains the image address, as well as some unique identifier that identifies you. The image is fetched when you display the page, confirming that you received it.

  MUAs (User Agents) also support Return Receipts to varying degrees. Most ask you if you want to reply.

   ... Glenn

--
Glenn Henshaw              Waterloo, Canada
Email: thraxisp4 [ at ] mac [ dot ] com