[OCLUG-Tech] tool for scripts & config file repo/management

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] tool for scripts & config file repo/management
  • From: Peter Sjoberg <lpaseen [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 00:28:07 -0500
I have a kickstart env with a pile of scripts and a few configfiles (for
server info like ips, disk layout...). To keep track of the changes I
been using cvs but I'm now about to an overhaul of it and wonder if cvs
is the best tool for it.

* The env is all on one server and in one location (no user dev areas or
so)
* OS is redhat 6. pref if it's included but not a must
* only check-in on same server, checkout to same server when something
got screwed up.
must be extremely simple to use
  cvs commit -m"added new static route" STD_GATEWAY
 is about as complicated as it can be.

I was about to take a look at cvs,svn,git,rsync and so on but figured I
can ask here where people actually use them and can give first hand
experiance.

/ps