Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone local do really fine soldering?

I agree with Robert.

I might add: I think the point is that you should not _have to_ wip
out a soldering iron, in this day and age.  Aside from the classical
appeal of soldering and prototyping your own..

You should be able to find someone in the community to do at least
part of the hardware engineering for you, or any type of specific
service.  There are lots of computer engineers (h/w geeks) waiting to
do such, with-out wasting the time of those who frankly might want to
remain doing software / system-level work rather than futzing with a
soldering iron and magnifier.  Robert might be able to go the west-end
and find someone in less than a day.

This is the era of modular design:  Plug-able modules in a computer
system management paradigm is the norm now.  If it's not the designers
goal to tweak hardware; then they can simply hire-out.  Everyone in
Ottawa seems hell-bent on getting their hardware on.  That's not the
way to run a multi-sectoral high-tech empire.

I should be able to find a dude to prototype an interface between two
modules, in short-order, as there are plenty who have already toiled
and learned the hard way themselves, now they are pre-forked for duty
and quite able.

Why make yet another embedded company out of some-one who might have
made good time on existing modular board/designs.  They'll likely
end-up spending more time with the h/w interfacing then, and loose
track of the original point, as they end-up in tweaker heaven.

- AF