Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Experience with Keynetz colocation?

On 11-11-29 03:20 PM, Kristen Eisenberg wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking around for colocation facilities in Ottawa and I stumbled
across Keynetz (http://www.keynetz.com/)

Does anyone have any experience with Keynetz that they'd like to share?
Or other suggestions for colocation facilities?  (The facility *must* be
in Ottawa and *must* permit you to supply your own 2U rackmount server.

I've been co-locating my own machines with Primus <http://www.primustel.ca/en/business/dataservices/data-center-ottawa-ontario.php> (formerly Magma Communications) in Ottawa for about 12 years. I've never had problems, it is a Class A facility and security is quite good. I do work for the banking / financial sector, so I need a facility that can pass regular security audits. I know they are not the cheapest by a longshot, but they've suited my clientele and requirements.

I can't comment on their current technical support capabilities - I just don't need help and the nature of my work makes third party support impossible. In terms of facilities, uptime, redundancy and hosting needs they are quite good. Getting access to the hardware requires passing through a security "air-lock", a retinal scanner to identify you and 100% engineer-attended accompaniment to and from your locked cage.

Quite a few very notable national level organisations have their own cages in the co-lo facility and rackmount hardware is preferred. You can buy space on a shelf, a rack or a complete cage if required.

--
Bill Strosberg