Re: [OCLUG-Tech] OT: NTSC tuner card

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 05:19:22PM -0400, James wrote:
I have an NTSC tuner card that I used to receive over the air.
I don't need it but would it still be good for someone that has digital television to view tv on their computer?

Not unless it also receives ATSC -- that's the digital standard used here.

The card might be good for someone who lives in an area still served by analog (NTSC) broadcasts, since some stations in outlying areas weren't required to switch to digital yet. It should also work for "basic" non-digital cable (if such a thing is still available here), or over-the-air FM radio.

Cheers,
Dave