[OCLUG-Tech] CarletonU VPN?

Hello All,

My wife needs access applications through the Carleton University VPN. The documentation I've seen suggests that one would use a Cisco VPN version 4.x client. I've googled around and seen that the Cisco-supplied Linux client leaves a lot to be desired, but that 'vpnc' is supposed to work well with Cisco VPNs. However, before I tried it, I thought I would check with the list to see if anyone had already done this and what their experience has been. One thing that makes me pause is that the Carleton page for downloading the client suggests that it has been 'customized' for Carleton.

Any help or pointers would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Michael