Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Elementary graphics question (not directly Linux technical)

Could you attach the image?

If it is of decent quality (probably not if it was in a .doc) perhaps
you could round trip it back to vector format it with trace in
InkScape.

Then you could do whatever you want with it.

If it's a musical score, you could probably just use the png as a
temporary background template and redraw it in InkScape.  I do that
all the time.