[OCLUG-Tech] What interest in the following for the June talk?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] What interest in the following for the June talk?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 15:08:12 -0400 (EDT)
  As I am now (for better or worse :-) the OCLUG speaker co-ordinator,
I have the following offer for next month's talk on VirtualBox:

| Bio
| ===
| Pablo Sanchez is a 25+ year computer veteran who focuses primarily
| on database-related issues.  He originally `cut his teeth' in The
| Valley and slowly has made his way north and east, landing in
| Wakefield, QC with his Canadian wife, two boys and about a bazillion
| pets.
|
| He's been using VirtualBox since nearly its initial release:  ~
| January 2007.
|
| Abstract
| ========
| Virtualization gives computer professionals seamless flexibility to
| incorporate the best-of multiple Operating Systems.
|
| This presentation provides a `real-life' working example of how to
| integrate Oracle's VirtualBox in your environment.  The Host O/S is
| Linux and two Guest O/S's will be demonstrated:  `Windows 7' and
| `Windows Server 2003'.

  Just to be clear, Pablo won't just be showing how to install
VirtualBox -- most people know how to do that and it's not that hard.

  I've asked him to additionally describe how he uses it on a
practical basis in his business, so there's a definite business and
productivity component to this.  And I'm sure people can harangue him
with technical questions after the talk.

  What sort of interest is there in a talk like this for the next
OCLUG meeting?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca