Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Distro Recommendations

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 10 May 2011 09:30:22 -0400
From: Shawn H Corey <shawnhcorey [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca>
Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Distro Recommendations
To: linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca

On 11-05-10 09:27 AM, J-F Bilodeau wrote:
> I'm curious why I consider Ubuntu 11.04 a 'piece of junk'. Is it the new Gnome UI?  I'm not trying to defend the distro, but I use Kubuntu, and haven't tried the new UI yet.

GIMP is broke.  WxWindows is broke.  But the biggest problem is that
when it hibernates, it does always power down.

Hi Shawn
Why do you need to go from a stable (10.04) am I missing something here.
I have stayed for the two years with 8.04 and now 10.04 but my needs
are probably less than yours as I am home office based.
Oh and whats broken with Gimp ?

Just curious :-))
thats how I learn

Eric Brackenbury

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

--
http://www.therecycledteenager.blogspot.com/

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is
all." - Oscar Wilde

But
K-eep L-ocktite R-eady and stay in the D-irt R-iding Z-one