Re: [OCLUG-Tech] what is the "uname" variation that shows a 32-bit install on 64-bit system?

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Bart Trojanowski <bart [ at ] jukie [ dot ] ca> wrote:
> On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 18:24, Richard Guy Briggs <rgb [ at ] tricolour [ dot ] net> wrote:
>
>> Not quite what you intended, but how about:
>>        file $(which uname)
>>

> I often do exactly this with '/bin/ls' to test the OS bitness.
>
> Another alternative is to use gcc -dumpmachine ... which is available on all
> systems that matter :-)

Yeah, what's with Ubuntu, installing without apache, a compiler or man pages.

Like, what's with that?  This is Linux, those things aren't optional!

--
Cheers!
Rick

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
    Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
    Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing?