Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone out there experienced at cyanogenmod'ing their phone?

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] anyone out there experienced at cyanogenmod'ing their phone?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 07:51:08 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 5 May 2011, Paul B. wrote:

> My wife just purchased an android phone.  It looks like a great
> little phone. There is a 6th gen beta for her phone, with most of
> the bugs worked out. Version 1 should be coming shortly.
>
> I have one "technical" hurdle to overcome, though.
>
> Seems I'm having trouble with the very first step:
>
> Does anyone have experience convincing their sig other to let you
> install CyanogenMod on their smart phone?

  on a related note (and, yes, i will be using the technical expertise
on this list as much as possible), a friend of mine who has had a
blackberry for years is considering a switch to an android phone.

  technical issues aside, what is the experience of people who have
made this switch that you know of?  folks used to the physical
blackberry keyboard may find it really tough to adjust (unless, of
course, the android phone comes with an actual keyboard).

  so while i would normally recommend an android phone without
reservation, i understand that, in the end, it's the user experience
that matters, and if people with a blackberry history end up unhappy
with something else, i don't want to recommend switching.

  thoughts?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca