[OCLUG-Tech] is it appropriate to bring a bunch of giveaway/sell stuff this eve?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] is it appropriate to bring a bunch of giveaway/sell stuff this eve?
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2011 07:25:29 -0400 (EDT)
  having finally unpacked from my move here, i have some boxes of
stuff i might as well get rid of that i'll never use again but it
would be a shame to let it stagnate at the back of a closet, so i was
thinking of bringing it all to tonight's LUG meeting.  is that
appropriate?

  some of the stuff is pure giveaway -- i have lots of spare USB and
network cables, USB keyboard, that sort of thing.  i also have a box
of books, not quite ready to just *give* them away but for sale stupid
cheap -- things like "effective perl programming (2nd ed)", "beginning
linux programming (3rd ed)" and a few more.  i'll part with those for
somewhere between $10 and $20 based on the book.

  and i have a couple of gateway MX7120 laptops -- maybe just over 3
years old, AMD 64-bit CPU, but no HW virt support so they have little
use to me but they'd be fine for a starter laptop, with samsonite
travel bag, $100 each.  (one's missing the power adapter but i know i
can get another one at pc cyber for about $30, so that one i'd sell
for $70).

  i'm sure i can collect more stuff, but i don't want to bring it if
it's not suitable for a LUG meeting.  can someone advise me on
protocol here?

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca