[OCLUG-Tech] May 4 is the International Day Against DRM

Hello,
I'm not sure if I'll be able to attend OC[G]LUG's meeting tomorrow, but
since you're still interested in having a general topic, perhaps the group
could discuss taking action against DRM on the following day -
International Day Against DRM
(http://www.defectivebydesign.org/day-against-drm-2011-announce) - through
a demonstration action. This could happen in several different ways. My
suggestion is to protest in front of Ottawa Public Library branches, as
the Ottawa Public Library pushes DRM-restricted ebooks, audiobooks and
music on citizens. You can't even listen to the audiobooks and music the
OPL provides on a computer running GNU/Linux!
(http://overdrive.biblioottawalibrary.ca/BC78340F-236A-498F-96B6-2393721861AF/10/367/en/Help-QuickStartGuide.htm)

The FSF's anti-DRM campaign, DefectiveByDesign, has some resources for
such an action, available at
http://www.defectivebydesign.org/LibraryFlyer.html.

Best,
Adam Saunders
asaun056 [ at ] uottawa [ dot ] ca
Please avoid sending me files in Microsoft Office formats.
Instead, please send me plain text or PDF.