[OCLUG-Tech] AIIM, ECM and open source

  possibly a bit off-topic but i'll try to tie this into linux fairly
quickly.  AIIM is coming to ottawa:

http://candystrategies.com/2011/04/aiim-comes-to-ottawa-ediscovery-issues-and-trends-that-impact-canadian-organizations

what is AIIM?  this is AIIM: http://www.aiim.org/.  as you can see,
it's an organization dedicated to information and content management.
so what does this have to do with linux?

  i've been working with candy strategies' cheryl mckinnon for a
while, making a list of OSS that could be used to construct a full,
"end to end" ECM (enterprise content management) solution.  cheryl was
formerly the CMO at Nuxeo -- http://www.nuxeo.com -- who provide a
fully open source java-based document/record/correspondence software
stack.  but beyond that, it was a challenge to see if we could pull
together a software set that was fully OSS that could satisfy a corp's
ECM requirements.

  so we've been looking at software like BIRT for reporting, ephesoft
for document capture and scanning, nuxeo (of course) for DM and RM,
liferay as a portal, activiti as a workflow and Business Process
Management (BPM) Platform, elgg for social networking ... the list
goes on and on.

  so i'm almost certainly going to that inaugural ottawa AIIM meeting,
but my interest will be specifically OSS, and what sort of suite i can
put together on, say, my ubuntu system that can represent as much of a
complete ECM solution as possible.

  and anyone out there that is currently doing something like this,
obviously, i'd like to hear what you're up to if you're allowed to
share.  thanks.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca