Re: [OCLUG-Tech] my new laptop?

Component mismatch. A quad-core processor without a Solid State Disk
is a waste (in the context of an interactive desktop) in my opinion.
The nigh-miraculous decreases in loading times from an SSD do more for
the everyday usability of a PC than a beefy video card, extra CPU
cores or a boatload of RAM. I would strongly advise looking at a
machine with a less beefy video card, and use the cost savings to
purchase and install an SSD as an upgrade. Unless, of course, you just
want to pony up the ~$200 to upgrade that monster as it is and run
screaming through your typical workday.

Woogie