Re: [OCLUG-Tech] how to *start* computerizing several hundred CDs?

If my math has not failed me (it's early yet), a 2TB drive will store
over 2,500 700 MB ISOs...so perhaps you could opt to simply take
images of the discs to keep a full range of options on the table.
Unless yours is a collection that would put ten of mine to shame, you
may even have enough space left on the drive for when/how you intend
to encode them...and then should you change your mind post-encode
(FLAC sucks, MP3 all the way! ... I kid, I kid) it's purely a data
matter to re-encode your entire collection.

I'll also give a shameless plug for our local computer retailers
(Feda, Canada Computers, PC Cyber, RB Computers)...you can often do
better than $100 for a 2TB drive if you watch the flyers.

Good luck!