[OCLUG-Tech] OpenWRT on WRT54GS help needed

It was running kamikazee OK before I tried to upgrade to backfire
I tried the update firmware option from the luci menu and it seemed to work

except now nothing shows up on http:// 192.168.1.1 and nmap  (nmap
192.168.1.0/24)  can't find it

When it starts the power light blinks , then the dmz light comes on then only
the power and connect light remain solid.

I tried tfpt

echo -e "binary\nrexmt 1\ntimeout 60\ntrace\nput openwrt-brcm47xx-
squashfs.trx\n" | tftp 192.168.1.1

and  atfpt

atftp --trace --option "timeout 1" --option "mode octet" --put --local-file
openwrt-brcm47xx-squashfs.trx 192.168.1.1

both fail

it doesn't respond to pings,  telnet,  ssh  on the default 192.168.11
or netcat on port 4190 or 5050  both ports are mentioned in documention

hitting reset while the dmz is lit doesn't enter failsafe either

Any suggestions?

Is anyone setup to try jtag?

--
Collector of vintage computers http://www.ncf.ca/~ba600