[OCLUG-Tech] [OT?] once more into the open-source ECM breech ...

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] [OT?] once more into the open-source ECM breech ...
  • From: "Robert P. J. Day" <rpjday [ at ] crashcourse [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2011 16:47:57 -0500 (EST)
  as a followup to my earlier post, i'm pretty sure i mentioned once
that one of the things i'll be working on after i move to ottawa is
this fully open-source enterprise content management (ECM) software:

  http://www.nuxeo.com/en

  no tricks, no gimmicks, it's all freely available, java-based ECM
software, yours for the taking.  if you're not sure what you're
reading there, i wrote an intro page for newbies:

http://doc.nuxeo.com/display/MAIN/Getting+started+with+Nuxeo+--+a+beginner's+page

  and the big news last week was that company contributing its entire
core code base to the eclipse foundation:

http://www.nuxeo.com/en/about/news/nuxeo-initiates-contribution-of-cmis-enabled-content-repository-to-eclipse-foundation

  in any event, if you're interested, download what looks cool and
play with it.  and if you have any questions, drop me a note.
currently, i have no financial interest in that product but i may, in
the near future, decide to write an intro course for it if i think
there's a market in ottawa.

rday

                        http://crashcourse.ca