[OCLUG-Tech] Fwd: Anyone want to install Debian 6 -Squeeze this weekend? Ottawa release party anyone?

  • Subject: [OCLUG-Tech] Fwd: Anyone want to install Debian 6 -Squeeze this weekend? Ottawa release party anyone?
  • From: Lisa L <exexpat2 [ at ] gmail [ dot ] com>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2011 23:31:39 -0600
Hello all, thought some of us might be interested in this.  ~Lisa

Forwarded conversation
Subject: Anyone want to install Debian 6 -Squeeze this weekend? Ottawa
release party anyone?
------------------------

From: *Peter Timusk* <ptimusk [ at ] sympatico [ dot ] ca>
Date: 1 February 2011 17:37
To: c4c [ at ] list [ dot ] openconcept [ dot ] ca

Does anyone want to get together somewhere **public** with power and
internet and install Debian 6 Squeeze which is set to be released this
weekend? Sorry for the late notice. We could put it up on the release global
party locations list at Debian if others are interested in doing this with
me. I have a fair knowledge of installing this OS which is the basis of
Ubuntu. It is also all volunteer built which to me is a good thing. Let me
volunteer to help you install it this weekend and share my Debian know how.

Does anyone know if the local Ottawa Linux user group is doing anything
about this release?

May be some students have school connections? We could also meet somewhere a
little later and I can download at home and bring cd’S dvd’S and usb keys
instead of the net. The party may run too long if we wait for donwloads.

Peter Timusk

at571 [ at ] ncf [ dot ] ca

ptimusk [ at ] sympatico [ dot ] ca

web: www.crystalcomputing.net