Re: [OCLUG-Tech] VPS Service Providers

Canadian Web Hosting.
http://www.canadianwebhosting.com/

I have found them to be reliable.
Servers are in Canada.

Regards,
John
On 11-01-07 10:47 AM, Michael Walma wrote:
Hello All,

I am in the hunt to move my servers from a VPS hosted by vpsville.ca
to another service provider.  My patience has run out with vpsville,
which, while realtively cheap, has not worked out for me in terms of
reliability or responsiveness to problems.

I know there was some discussion on this list about two years back,
but that info is now a little dated.

Any recommendations?  My list of requirements are:

Must:

Cheap
Linux
Servers in Canada
root/ssh access
dedicated IP for https purposes
reserve dns delegation for mail
~20g disk space
decent reliability/performance

Almost certainly:

Support for Debian

Nice:

2 or more IPs

Two leads I am looking at:

UB Hosting
http://www.ubhosting.net/vps.html#LinuxVPS

and ESecureData (does do Debian, I am assured)
http://www.esecuredata.com/Pricing/Virtual%20Servers.aspx

Thanks in advance,

Michael