Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Spam-filtering spam from Roaring Penguin

  • Subject: Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Spam-filtering spam from Roaring Penguin
  • From: "Dave O'Neill" <dmo+oclug [ at ] dmo [ dot ] ca>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 14:24:54 -0500
On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 02:18:18PM -0500, Brett Delmage wrote:
Can this BEGIN ANTISPAM - VOTING - LINKS spammage be turned off? (see bottom of message below). It does not really need to be cluttering every list message to every subscriber.

They're turned off for anything sent to *@lists.oclug.on.ca, but unfortunately it seems that every list also has a @oclug.on.ca that some people use in preference to the @lists version. Those addresses are filtered into a different stream, since many of them do have the need to vote messages as spam (info@, webmaster@, etc).

If someone can point me to a list of all valid list addresses, I'll update the CanIt configuration.

Cheers,
Dave