[OCLUG-Tech] A Newbie

Hello
I am a very long time user of Windows and before.  I now want to try Linux.  I have old laptops and older computers with outdated windows and would love to breath new life into them even if only for an experiment.  Is there a hands on course on Linux for beginners from downloading OS to installing and using?  If not is there some kind person in showing me the way?  I would love to get away from Windows.  I do have some window programs that I sure wish I could use in Linux, like some Cadd programs and video editing programs, can I use them or are there Linux programs that do the same?  Some many questions and lots of time to play.
Cheers
John Baker
abstracttechnologies [ at ] bellnet [ dot ] ca

--
BEGIN-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS

Teach CanIt if this mail (ID 01DmgEkFg) is spam:
Spam:        https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=01DmgEkFg&m=a4de8c872473&t=20101023&c=s
Not spam:    https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=01DmgEkFg&m=a4de8c872473&t=20101023&c=n
Forget vote: https://antispam.roaringpenguin.com/canit/b.php?i=01DmgEkFg&m=a4de8c872473&t=20101023&c=f
END-ANTISPAM-VOTING-LINKS