Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Can't change default application

On 10-09-17 03:35 PM, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
On 17/09/10 Shawn H Corey said:

I have install Ubuntu 10.04 AMD64 on my new machine but I can't change
the default application when I open a file.  I tried right-clicking,
which brings up the menu and I select "Open with Other Application...",
select the one I want, make sure "Remember this application for..." is
checked but it doesn't change the default application.  Does anyone know
why and what I can do about it?

It's under properties in the right-click menu.

Mike

OK, this I don't get. I thought that was for setting the default only for that file, not all of them.

What does "Remember this application for..." do then?

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.