[OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG website

Greetings all,

After my my recent presentation, I noticed that it was not immediately
obvious where to view or post presentation slides from past meetings
on our website.  I volunteered to remedy this, and a new link has now
been added under the Activities category in the main menu.  However,
this is likely a temporary fix as it raises more issues than it
resolves (details on the Wiki page mentioned below).

We don't really need a major website overhaul, as overall things are
working quite well, but some tweaking is probably in order.  I've been
busy at work organizing and editing a number of Wiki pages this past
weekend, learning about the workings of the applications that run our
main website and the wiki, and compiling a list of found issues such
as broken links and outdated information at OCLUG Wiki > OCLUG Website
Development > Website To-Do List
(http://devel.oclug.on.ca/wiki/WebsiteToDoList).  (There is an
existing ticketing system originally intended for this purpose, but a
good portion of these issues are minor and don't necessarily warrant
taking the time to create individual tickets for.)  I've attempted to
find these issues in an orderly manner by following the main menu
links - but since I'm no doubt less familiar with the website
structure than others here, your input here would be greatly
appreciated.

There also appears to be a significant amount of data consolidation
that could be done to simplify our website administration in the
future.  For example, information on meeting time and location is in
more than one place, so if it changes (as it has recently), we need to
track down multiple pages instead of editing one page.
Suggestions/discussion on topics like this would be most welcome as
well.

Please feel free to add any issues, ideas, or suggestions to the
Website To-Do List or contact me with any questions/comments.

Thanks,
Lisa

--
One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct
tape to make them stop.  -- G. Weilacher