Re: [OCLUG-Tech] New Copyright Bill C-32

On 10-06-04 04:48 PM, Ross Jordan wrote:
Even if it were true for DVDs, I think the TPM matter is tangential.
Pre-paying the royalties might make copy music non infringing, but I
don't think one would gain the right to legally defeat the TPM.

What it means that if you buy a CD in Canada, then they have to give you the key to their lock; or they will be charged with fraud.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

The secret to great software:  Fail early & often.

Eliminate software piracy:  use only FLOSS.