[OCLUG-Tech] OCLUG mailing list changes

For the past few months the board members have been discussing shutting
down a number of mailing lists.

Some of the lists have created confusion and caused important messages
to not reach their intended targets.  Also a number of lists are simply
idle, or could be better served with email aliases.  Finally, there are
too many lists to choose from for a new member thinking of getting involved.

We are planning to keep the following lists:

linux [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
oclug [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca
oclug-announce [ at ] lists [ dot ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca

Other lists will be closed to new posts, but the archives will still be
available.

Messages to the oclug-board list address will be forwarded to the
board-members email alias, and we will publish that email address on the
site as the best way to contact all board members.

We welcome your comments on this plan or anything else related to the
group. Please send them to board-members [ at ] oclug [ dot ] on [ dot ] ca to reach all of us.

Ian

message navigation