[OCLUG-Tech] Will I have problems booting after these lilo messages?

I just fixed a bug in my Ubuntu 9.04 initrd links, where the default boot was pointing to a -server version, which seems to be missing many modules (like for eth0!) so doesn't work too well. I changed it to the -generic initrd and all was fine.

Do I need to run some kind of mkinitrd to fix this?

I just relinked my initrd.img to the working -server image and ran lilo.
I received the following warnings. Does anyone know if I will have problems booting next time, or how I can tell, before I reboot ?

"Warning: /dev/sdb is not on the first disk" is not a problem, that is just updating the MBR of my second drive in my RAID 1 as expected.

Brett

/# lilo
Warning: LBA32 addressing assumed
Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory structure.
    Name change: '/dev/dm-0' -> '/dev/vg1/vg1-root'
Warning: Name change: '/dev/dm-1' -> '/dev/vg1/vg1-swap'
Warning: Name change: '/dev/dm-2' -> '/dev/vg1/vg1-var'
Warning: Name change: '/dev/dm-3' -> '/dev/vg1/vg1home'
Added Linux *
Added LinuxOLD
Added LinuxTest
The Master boot record of  /dev/sda  has been updated.
Warning: /dev/sdb is not on the first disk
The Master boot record of  /dev/sdb  has been updated.
8 warnings were issued.

message navigation