Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Volunteering in Ottawa

Sebastian Schöbinger wrote:
> I already asked there, but they don't have really something I am searching
> for. And young boys and girls != programming.
>
> Sebastian
>
>> Hi Sebastian,
>> I don't know of any projects that would qualify.
>> Try asking at the Ottawa Volunteer Centre.
>>
>> If you can't get one, you might have fun tutoring at the Boys and Girls
>>  Club. You could ask if you can help the kids with computer stuff.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>>  --
>> Rob Echlin, B. Eng.
>> Automation Delivers!
>> http://talksoftware.echlin.ca
>> Ottawa, ON
>> Mobile: 613-266-8311

Paid labour.

The Ontario government has decided that it knows best for our youth.

I do not want people who think they _MUST_ contribute to Open Source!  I
want people who want to give back!

Personally, I have leanrt a lot from open source.  And I have returned
with my knowledge and experience:  see http://search.cpan.org/~shcorey/

I have been on both sides; the giving and the taking.

So, I say, contributions are not met on how they contribute, but on how
theyn give back.

--
Just my 0.00000002 million dollars worth,
  Shawn

as it is about coding.

I like Perl; it's the only language where you can bless your
thingy.