Re: [OCLUG-Tech] acceptable bourne shell function names

* Michael P. Soulier <msoulier [ at ] digitaltorque [ dot ] ca> [090626 18:59]:
> I'm having an odd issue with my bash config. In it I'm defining functions like
>
> git-dirstatus()
> {
>     do some work
> }

Is "do some work" short enough that you can set up an alias instead of a
function?

        git config --global alias.dirstatus "do some work"

If not, you can also create a $HOME/bin/dir-status and add $HOME/bin to
your PATH.

Either way you can then execute this with:

        git dirstatus [ arguments ]

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/