Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Possible dying graphics adapter

* Bruce Miller <subscribe [ at ] brmiller [ dot ] ca> [090614 14:54]:
> I would be surprised if this image were over-taxing my graphics
> adapter, but perhaps I am not judging well the requirements of modern
> DEs. This is the only image  I have run recently which gives this kind
> of problem.

I don't know if I understand the symptom correctly, but I too would be
more inclined to blame the hardware than the software for this.

What kind of monitor do you have?  Could it be that you have an analog
connector that's picking up interference or is not seated well?

What colour depth are you using?  You might be able to find it from the
X.log...

        grep -i -e pbb -e depth /var/log/X.0.depth

If the depth is <15 bpp it could be that X is flipping colour palettes
around.

-Bart

--
				WebSig: http://www.jukie.net/~bart/sig/