Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Automatic upload of files to server

John C Nash wrote:
> I'm trying to get various statisticians to run performance tests on
> their machinery and have my "tester" put the results (roughly 30K file
> per run) onto my server. I can do this in a cross-platform way with scp
> (pscp in Windows, not sure on Mac yet, but there should be an scp
> client). However, this uses key pairs and possibly opens up the pseudo
> user on my server. Does anyone have pointers to how to lock down
> security holes? I'd like to avoid using web protocols and just keep ssh
> open if I can.

This sounds like regression testing to me.

I know many projects, including Bacula, use dashboard.  I know you'd
like to use only ssh, but submission of regression test results is what
Dashboard was made for.  It's entirely outside your criteria.

--
Dan Langille