Re: [OCLUG-Tech] Re: encrypted disks

On April 23, 2009 03:13:17 pm John C Nash wrote:
> Quite separate from the discussion of how to view an encrypted file as
> safely as possible, the issue of using an encrypted disk on a laptop is
> an interesting and growing topic. Maybe we could get a straw poll here
> on the major approaches and pro/con aspects of each, then think of
> having a talk or panel at OCLUG meeting. And/Or put something on the wiki.

This has been a area of interest for me for some while, but I've never had the
time to pursue.  As someone that uses  and carries around a netbook (running
Crunch Bang Linux) everywhere and previously many Thinkpads the information
that resides in them and its protection has been a nagging issue.

--
bruce
Member IEEE, SPIE, IACR