[OCLUG-Tech] Linux help request

Hello,

My name is David Maybury and I am looking for help with a Ubuntu
installation. My wife and I have moved completely away from Windows a
number of years ago. I just performed a full system upgrade and I have
encountered a serious problem and I am willing to pay for some help.

I have a Nvidia 9600 graphics card and a 19'' Acer 1916W monitor and I
cannot get the screen resolution to work at 1440x900. I have tried all
sorts of reconfiguring with drivers and my xorg.config, but I just can't
get it to work.

If you know of someone who could help me, I would be most appreciative. I
am more than willing to pay for someone's time.

Sincerely,
David Maybury