[OCLUG-Tech] maintaining custom kernels in Debian?

Does any one have any experience maintaining custom kernels in Debian?

I have a little ALIX box with the AMD Geode processor. I will building
a customized kernel image with the kernel-package tools
(make-kpkg). Which seems easy enough. I want to be sure that I build a
new kernel whenever Debian releases an update or security fix to
Stable. Is there an easy way to be notified when there is an update to
the Stable kernel?

Right now I have a messy little script that filters the output of
'apt-cache show linux-source-2.6.26'.

--
sg